Welcome to ACTEON Online Learning
This website gives you immediate access to our multimedia training library where you can learn about new and existing ACTEON products. Earn CE credit by signing up for ACTEON Live Webinars where you can learn about new products and techniques from expert dental clinicians.
Preserving the Buccal Plate of Bone During Extractions
Presenter: Dr. John Russo
CE Credits: 1 CEU
During this CE webinar, we will review the following objectives:
• Understand the difference between cutting bone with a conventional bur, bone saw and piezo technology
• Identify which piezo tips are appropriate for each procedure
• Demonstrate settings for different densities of bone found in the mouth
• Describe the technique for using the Cube during extractions to help preserve the thin buccal plate of bone for future implant placement
• Explain how using a piezo will conserve bone harvesting for block grafts compared to a conventional rotary instrument
• Appreciate the safety of using a piezo close to vital soft tissue structures including the posterior superior alveolar artery and the mandibular canal
• Understand how to minimize sinus membrane perforations by using the piezo to make the lateral window for a sinus bone graft
Acteon’s new cutting-edge Piezotome CUBE is an innovative, new solution for performing piezoelectric ultrasonic bone surgery. It is a powerfully responsive tool for safe, predictable and precise procedures.